Here’s a reading list for 2014, something we book lover’s can read and discuss together. They are a mixture of fiction and non-fiction and include poetry and short stories.
Comment below on the ones you have read and add others you’d like to read in the comment section.
- Weep Not, Child by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- Ghana Must Go by Taiye Selasi
- (1)ne Drop: Shifting the Lens on Race by Yaba Blay
- Poetry 99 – this is a book of poems and DVD edited by Robert Berold, Vonani Bila
- Hani: A Life Too Short by Janet Smith, Beauregard Tromp
- Endings and Beginnings by Redi Thlabi
- The Way of Love by Mphutlane wa Bofelo
- Fhedzi by Khulile Nxumalo
- Teaching My Mother How To Give Birth by Warsan Shire
- From A Place of Blackness by Andile Mngxitama, Aryan Kaganof
- Setho: Afrikan Thought & Belief Systems by Fezekile Futhwa
- By the Light of My Father’s Smile by Alice Walker
- Beginnings of a Dream by Zacharia Rapola
- Marikana: A Moment in Time edited by Raphael d’Abdon
Have you read any of these? What else are you planning to read this year?